Monday, February 7, 2011

Rich Chocolate Cupcakes with Creamy Peanut Butter Frosting

I am so very excited about this recipe!  I looked at several recipes for both the frosting and the cupcake and decided to just use what I had to see if it would work, and it did!  They are soooo delicious.  My 3 year old daughter, Makenzie, couldn't get enough of the frosting.  She got to lick the spatula after getting the frosting out of the mixing bowl.  Thankfully she shared with me!  It is to die for!

Cupcake ingredients:
3 Cups of all purpose flour
2 Cups of white sugar
1 Cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. of salt
2 tsp. of baking soda
1 tsp. of vanilla extract
2 Cups of cold water
1 egg
2 tsp of distilled vinegar
2/3 cups of vegetable oil
1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips

Directions:

Put everything in one bowl all at the same time.  Mix until just combined.  You can make this into a chocolate cake or cupcakes.  If cupcakes, Bake at 350 for about 12-14 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. 

Don't mind my horribly chipped nail polish!  Now onto the best part, the frosting!

Ingredients:

1 Cup of confectioners sugar
1 Cup of Peanut Butter (I used all natural)
5 Tb. of room temp. unsalted butter
1 tsp of vanilla
1 tsp of kosher salt
3/4 Cup of whipping cream

Directions:

Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix (with paddle if using a stand mixer) until creamy, about 3 minutes, on medium low speed.  Taste.....hold in your excitement so the others in your house don't catch on.....go in for some more. I give you permission!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I made a chocolate cake with PB frosting for a co-workers party last summer and it was a big hit. How can you go wrong with PB and Chocolate? I used a box cake mix though - not sure I'm adventurous enough to do it fully from scratch.

    ReplyDelete