Thursday, February 3, 2011

Stuffed Green Pepper Soup.....crock pot style

I love stuffed green peppers.  My children on the other hand, could go their entire life without setting eyes on one.  Obviously this recipe didn't go over well with them.  They both attempted it, but seeing the green monsters in there scared them away.  DH had two servings, which leads me to believe it must have been pretty good in his opinion. Usually when he doesn't like something, he'll eat it....and then eat something else after he's had his share.  I liked it.  It tastes JUST like a stuffed green pepper.  There really isn't much else to describe past that.  



Ingredients:

1lb-2lbs ground beef
2 chopped green peppers
1 chopped onion
1 28oz can of tomato sauce
1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
1 cup of uncooked rice (not instant)
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
28 oz of water
1/2 cup of brown sugar
After taking this picture, I realized I forgot to include one important ingredient!  Poor guy!


Directions:

Brown the ground beef.  While the beef is cooking, chop the green peppers and onion.  Throw them into the crock pot with all ingredients.  Turn on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours. If needed, you can add more water after it's done cooking, for a more soupy consistency since the rice will soak up a lot of the fluid. 

This is what it will look like when you throw everything into the crock pot.
 And after cooking all day!  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I HAVE to try this recipe! I love the crockpot and I LOVE soup! On Saturday nights I volunteer at the church so this might just be my Sat night meal so that the hubby doesn't have to fumble around in the kitchen! :) thank you!

    ReplyDelete