Thursday, March 3, 2011

Donut Muffins

I've noticed there are many versions of these sweet little beauties out there on the internet.  I've mentioned previously that I love cupcakes.  It just so happens, I feel the same way about muffins.  I like personal sized foods.  It give me a better idea of how much I've eaten and how much I should have.  Whether I listen to that or not is another story.  I have stuck to 1.5 of these today and will most likely go get the other half I have left behind as soon as I finish posting this.   The pictures are making me hungry.




Ingredients:

Cupcake:
1 3/4 cups of flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/3 cup oil
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup of milk

Topping:
1/4 cup melted butter
1/3 cup white sugar
1 Tbs. cinnamon

Directions

Combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon in one bowl.  Stir to combine.  In another bowl add the sugar, egg, milk, and oil.  Stir to dissolve sugar.  Combine the two bowl and stir until just combined.


The batter should make 12 cupcakes.  Distribute evenly in pan.  Cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

While the muffins are cooking, melt the butter for the topping in one bowl.  In another bowl stir together the sugar and cinnamon.  


Once the muffins are done, remove from cupcake pan.  While still warm, dip the tops into the melted butter and then dip into the sugar-cinnamon mixture.  Let dry and cool. 
Source:  Tasty Kitchen

2 comments:

  1. These look yummy!!! Save me one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, they look awesome. Especially the cinnamon topping.... mmmm!

    www.thesimplefamilyproject.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete