Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pulled Pork

 If you haven't noticed, I love using my crock pot.  I feel like it takes so much of the guess work out of cooking.  It's nearly impossible to over cook using it as well.   Here's another classic recipe that everyone should have in their regular rotation.  It's delicious, easy, and versatile.


 
Ingredients:

3-4 lbs Pork Roast of your liking
3 Tbs. Oil
Salt
Pepper
1 Can French Onion Soup
2 Cups Ketchup
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Cider Vinegar
1 Clove Garlic, chopped

Directions:

First you want to brown your roast in a pan.  Salt and Pepper the roast generously.  Heat the oil in your pan.  Once heated, add the roast to brown on all sides.
I leave the fat on the roast during cooking.  It adds flavor.  I then cut it off the roast when I shred it after it's cooked all day.  If you're more careful about calories than me, you could cut the fat off previous to browning.  Whatever floats your boat.

While the roast is browning, throw the rest of the ingredients into the crock pot and whisk together.

After the roast has been browned add to the crock pot and cover with the sauce.

Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours, or until fork tender.
Yummy!

Remove the roast from the crock pot and shred.

After shredded, throw back into the crock put and stir in the juices.  I actually ended up taking out about half a cup of the liquid because there was more than I would like for the size of roast I had.   Let the shredded pork heat back up and absorb back in for about 15-20 minutes in the crock pot.

Top with cole slaw and enjoy!





2 comments:

  1. I'm so hungry reading your post and looking your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pulled pork, and this looks like a great version of it!

    ReplyDelete