Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Chili or is it stew?


Okay, I'll start with a quick confession.  This picture was taken on day two of having this for a meal.  I forgot to take it the night I made it....because I was hungry and wanted to eat right away.  Am I the only one that has done that?  With that said, there was more liquid the first night I made this.  It sort of all got soaked right up when I reheated it the next day for lunch.  Regardless of that, it was still amazingly good and full of flavor the next day.  I had a chili flavor, but it's cooked more like a stew.  Soooo what do you call that?  I wasn't really sure.  Anyway, it's a winner! 




Ingredients:

Any Beef Roast you can find.  Cheap or expensive.
1 Can Crushed Tomatoes
1 15oz can Tomato Sauce
1 Can of Corn
1 Can of Kidney Beans
2 Tomatoes
3 Cloves of Garlic
1/2 Jar of Roasted Red Pepper (or you can roast your own).
1 Medium Sized Onion
6 Tbs. Molasses
2 Jalapenos Diced (I just used jarred and chopped them up a bit)
3 Tbs. Chili Powder
3 Tbs. Smoked Paprika
3 Tbs. Cumin
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.

Chop up all your veggies.

Brown your Roast in a large roasting pan. Add everything into the pan and stir it up.

Cook at 325 for 2.5 to 3 hours.  Remove the Roasting pan from the oven and take the meat out.  Place it onto a plate and shred into the sized pieces you would like. 

Throw the meat back in and cook for another 20 minutes to let the juices soak into the meat. 

Adapted from: Rock Recipes

1 comment: