Friday, April 1, 2011

Creamy Cole Slaw


A great thing happened when I made this cole slaw.   My husband did something he rarely does.  He told me it was the best home made cole slaw that he had ever had.  My heart was happy and his stomach was happy.  He then went on to say that he doesn't understand why people make it any other way and that every cole slaw should be like this.  Made my day! 


Ingredients:

1 small bag of cole slaw mix (16oz.)
2 Tbs. chopped Onion
2/3 Miracle Whip*
3 Tbs. Vegetable Oil
1/2 Cup White Sugar
1 Tbs. White Vinegar
1/4 tsp. Salt

*I'm normally not a fan of Miracle Whip.  It's too sweet for a sandwich, but in this cole slaw it really is the best option. 

Directions:

In a large bowl add your prepared cole slaw mix.  Chop your onion and add to the bowl.

Next, in a smaller bowl, add the Miracle Whip.  Then pour the sugar in.

Vinegar.
 Vegetable Oil.  Oh and PLEASE make sure your nail polish is as chipped as mine.  You'll thank me later. 

Lastly, add your salt.  Stir stir stir.

Now, add the wet ingredients to the slaw mix and stir to incorporate. 
You need to let this sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.  Serve as a side, or on top of your favorite sandwich! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl - I gave you a little blog award...go check it out! http://mdschoolmrs.blogspot.com/2011/04/blogging-award-for-me.html

    Hope you're having a great weekend! :) MJ

    ReplyDelete