Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Crock Pot Cube Steak in Mushroom Gravy


This is so much tastier than it looks!  My husband and kids gobbled it up and asked for seconds.  Sadly, the meat was gone by the end of dinner so we had no left overs!  I'm the only one in the house that likes mushrooms, however, once they are cooked down my family couldn't tell it was a mushroom gravy as long as I made sure there wasn't any sliced mushrooms on their plate.  I took them and put them on my plate instead!  Problem solved!




So, this was a throw together dinner.  It's almost time to go grocery shopping again and I wanted to use up the produce I had and the canned goods that I had.  It turned out amazingly! 

Ingredients:

1-2 Pkg. Cube Steak (I used 4 whole cube steaks)
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Can Beef Consomme or Beef Broth
5-6 Mushrooms
1/2 Onion
2 Beef Bouillon Cubes

I also added Potatoes for our side dish since this will make a lot of gravy.

Directions:

Chop up your onion and slice your mushrooms.

In the crock pot, add your cans of cream soups.  You can experiment here with what you have on hand.  I had planned on using two cans of cream of mushroom but I didn't have two!  Instead I used one can of cream of chicken and it turned out amazingly.  Also, add your beef consomme or beef broth.  Stir it around and add in your bouillon cubes. 

Add in your Cube Steak, making sure to cover in sauce.  Add the onion and mushrooms.

Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours.  I did end up adding about a tablespoon of flour at the end to thicken the gravy just a little bit.  The meat will be so tender at the end of cooking that it will easily fall apart!

3 comments:

  1. fabulous mushrooms go well with steak looks delicious
    cheers
    http://torviewtoronto.blogspot.com
    http://createwithmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great! I'll have to get some fresh mushrooms and make this. :)
    - Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great! I'm going to have to get some fresh mushrooms and make this! :)
    - Kristin

    ReplyDelete