Thursday, June 2, 2011

My Favorite Smoothie

I'm a smoothie Junkie.  I've been having smoothies A LOT lately.  I look forward to having one in the morning when I go to bed at night.  I look forward to having one as an afternoon pick me up.  

I tend to like smoothies made with frozen fruit instead of fresh.  It makes them thicker and takes me a bit longer to consume that way.    I also like to use fruit without added sugar.  Gotta keep it healthy here people!    If you prefer a bit more sweetness (this really is sweet though!) just substitute the milk for OJ or any other juice you like. 




Ingredients: 

1/4 Cup of milk (more if you like to drink these from a straw)
1/4 Cup Yogurt (any flavor you choose!)
Handful of frozen Blue Berries (How's that for measurements!)
Handful of Raspberries (Can I keep up with adding something after each ingredient?!)
Handful of Blackberries (You will have little seeds in your drink....I like it that way)


Directions:

In your blender, add 1/4 cup of Milk.

Next, add your 1/4 Cup of Yogurt.

Add in a handful of Black Berries.


And a handful of blueberries.

And lastly, a handful of raspberries.  Act like there's a picture of this.

Blend Blend Blend.  Pulse Pulse Pulse.  Then when it gets too thick to pulse anymore, add a bit more milk!

Pulse some more until it's nice and smooth.  Pour into a pretty vintage looking glass and enjoy! 

How's that for harsh morning light?

1 comment:

  1. delicious looking flavourful combination
    check out my event food palette series purple at http://torviewtoronto.blogspot.com
    regards

    ReplyDelete