Friday, August 26, 2011

Lets talk Hydration


Hello everyone!  Meet Clay Matthews.  He's an amazing Packer player and one of my best friends future husband obsession.  He's known for his beautiful locks and amazing skills on the field.  But lets put Clay aside for a moment and lets talk hydration. 

What do you use to hydration?  What do you use before and after a long run or short run? 

I have just been doing water but with all the refueling drinks out there, I'm wondering if I'm doing it all wrong.   Should I be drinking something other than water to recover from my runs?  What about before hand?  I guess I feel like I don't know if water is best or not and I want your input!  Please help a girl out and tell me your thoughts? 

3 comments:

  1. It depends on how far you're running. If you're just running a few short miles (4 or less) water is plenty but if you're running for an hour or more you might need some kind of electrolytes AND some fuel.

    For electrolytes I use Hammer Endurolites and for fuel I use Stingers (tasty gummys) I usually take the Hammer pills every two miles...I find if I don't my muscles get really sore and tired. I only eat the gummys once...about 1/2 way through my run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. assuming you live in the states i dont know if you have lucozade? over here in england i like to drink isotonic sports drink like lucozade sport, makes me a bit hyper and lasts longer than water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorryfor the second post but I forgot to add...weigh yourself before you run and then weigh yourself after you run. You'll probably weigh less. Drink enough water to weigh what you did before your run and drink it within an hour. It will keep you from getting dehydrated.

    ReplyDelete