Friday, August 26, 2011

Tomato Tart


Tomatoes are in season!  I am thrilled.   I love tomatoes in all the forms the come in.  My CSA brought me some this week and I picked up a couple other variety from the farmers market at well with this tart in mind.   This is such an easy dish and looks beautiful! 





Ingredients:

1 sheet puff pastry, thawed.
1 large tomato or a mix of any kind of tomato
1/2 Pkg of fresh mozzarella, use less or more to your liking
1/2 onion, sliced
Fresh basil (or you can used dry if that's all you have)
Fresh oregano (or you can use dry as well for this)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray to prevent sticking.

Roll out your puff pastry onto the baking sheet. 

Place slices of Mozzarella on your puff pastry.  Be mindful to keep it at least 1 inch from the edge of the pastry.  I used a lot of Mozzarella and loved it. 


Slice your tomatoes and add them on top of the Mozzarella cheese.


Add your sliced onions.


Chop up your basil and oregano and sprinkle on top of the tart. 


Fold up the edges to keep everything that is melty and gooey inside of the tart. 

Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes depending on how soft you want your tomatoes.  I cooked mine about 20 minutes.



2 comments:

  1. Sinc I'm trying to figure out thus stomach thing can u tell me more about gastritis and what caused it for you?

    ReplyDelete