Thursday, August 4, 2011

Vanilla Cinnamon Pops


Need something to cool you off this summer?  We did.  It's been crazy hot this year with a side of humidity to top it off.  It's been keeping us down and our electricity bill up.  

Thankfully for us in the north, not to be mistaken for the south, we are getting a small break from the humidity.  If you haven't experienced intense humidity before, don't.  It's not worth your time. 

Summer break it winding down and I'm looking forward to school starting back up.  The kids are fighting all day long and I'm losing my marbles.   I've taken up running the past month and have enjoyed my 15-45 minutes of quietness that running allows.  Each night I run a bit longer just to ensure that I get "me" time.  

If you'd like a little "me" time make these little beauties and don't tell your significant other or kids about them.  Then at night when everyone is sleeping, you can pull one out to enjoy just for yourself.
 



Ingredients:

1.5 Cups Whole Milk
3 Tbs Sugar
1.5 Tbs. Corn Starch
1 Egg
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
Pinch of Salt
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon (or more if you like)

Directions:

In a sauce pan combine the whole milk, sugar, corn starch and egg.  Whisk together well to combine.
 
Turn your burner onto medium low.  You want to heat your milk mixture up slowly to prevent scorching.  Stir frequently.  After your milk warms up (about 7-10 minutes) turn the burner to medium.  Whisk constantly for 5 minutes until your mixture resembles a pudding consistency.  

Remove the pan from the stove and add the vanilla.  Stir.  Now let the pudding cool for about 20 minutes until moving onto the next steps.

Once the pudding has cooled, place 3 small paper or plastic cups out so you are ready to go. 

In one small bowl add about 1/4 cup of the pudding mixture.  Add the cinnamon and stir. 


With your 3 cups sitting out, add a layer of the cinnamon mixture to the bottom of the cup.  Then place a layer of the vanilla pudding on top of that and then end with another layer of the cinnamon pudding.   

Mine was thick enough that I could place a stick in and it stood up just fine on it's own.  Freeze for at least 4 hours.


Recipe Source: Shop.Cook.Make

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm sounds yummy. I have got to try this recipe. I think I still have popsicle molds around somewhere :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. flavourful popsicles looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete