Friday, September 23, 2011

Chicken Taco Soup


It's one of my favorite things about the weather becoming cooler and down right cold.  SOUP.  It's acceptable to make for dinner 5 out of 7 nights a week.  Mike isn't so happy about soup season.  He thinks I over do it.  I love me some soup and the girls tend to enjoy most of them, so it is what it is!   Many people make Taco Soup with ground beef.  I prefer anything with chicken over ground beef so that is what I made.

Bud Light usually isn't my choice but it's all I had...
Ingredients:

3 Cups Shredded Chicken
1 Can Corn
1 Can Kidney Beans
1 Can Black Beans
1 Can Tomatoes (if you can get the ones with green chili's all the better)
1/2 Can of Beer
1 Pkg. Taco Seasoning
1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
1 Tsp. Onion Powder
1/2 Onion Chopped.
2 Cups Water
Jalapeno Pepper if you dare....

Directions:

Set your Crock pot out.  This one is easy!  First Chop up your onion!

Then chop up a Jalapeno if you want to use them.  Here is the story as to why these ones are so evil.  I had a bunch of them in my CSA box this week so I thought this would be a great way to use up a couple.  I started to cut one up, tore out the seeds and ribs.  Chopped up one half and tried a little piece to see how hot these were.   My mouth was on FIRE.  I wasn't happy.  I washed my hands twice and went on with my day.  Well, these things wouldn't leave me alone.  I would touch my face and my face would be on fire.  I would tough my eye and my eye was on fire.  I kept washing my hands all day and nothing would get rid of it.  About 8 hours later the burn really set in.  My hands were on fire!  I got a burn from these jalapenos!  Only after cutting half of one!!!!  So I cried and whined to Mike about how my hands were just hurting so bad.  I did a google search and found that if you make a paste of baking soda and water and let your hands sit in it for a long time it will help.  Well, it was 10pm at that point and I gave it a try for about 15 minutes.   It helped but didn't get rid of the burn.  I took a couple Tylenol and went to bed.  I woke up this morning and I no longer have burning hands!  Yay!!  Back to the recipe.....

Now the fun part!  Put everything into the Crock Pot!  Here we go!
Corn, Beans, Tomatoes

Add Chicken, Onion and Jalapeno

 Add Taco Seasoning, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder.

 Add the Beer and Water and Stir to combine.  Turn on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours.


 Kitty Wanted Some! 



1 comment:

  1. This looks really good! I'm adding it to my recipe box!

    ReplyDelete