Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pecan Pumpkin Pie Cake


Apparently I am a liar.  I said I wasn't going to do anymore pumpkin for a while.  Now my very next recipe is pumpkin.  I'm sorry guys.  I couldn't resist.  I saw this recipe over at Glorious Treats and knew I had to make it.  It helped that I had all the ingredients on hand and it came together in no time. 




Ingredients:

1 (15oz.) Can Pumpkin Puree
1 (12oz.) Can Evaporated Milk
3 Eggs
3/4 Cup Sugar
4 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 Boxed Cake Mix (yellow)
1 1/2 Cups Chopped Pecans
3/4 Cups Butter, Melted

Directions: 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a medium sized bowl add the pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar and pumpkin pie spice. 
Cinnamon and Sugar
Eggs
Evaporated Milk....
But Please....Keep an eye on where exactly you are pouring....
My floors look dirty....they aren't...just 80 years old!
Lastly, the pumpkin.
Whisk the ingredients together.

Pour the ingredients into a greased 9x11 pan.

Sprinkle the cake mix, as it comes in the box, right on top of the wet ingredients in the pan.

Sprinkle with Pecans. Pour the melted butter over the top.

Bake in the oven 50-60 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.  Let sit for 30 minutes before cutting. 


3 comments:

  1. Pretty sure that is going to be on my family's Thanksgiving menu. We normally do pumpkin pie and pecan pie but this looks too good not to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That look delicious and your floors are amazing! real wood. so lovely :D I may need to book mark this page....

    ReplyDelete