Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pumpkin Pancakes


It'll become obvious to you that I love fall flavors.   Part of the reason I run is so that I can enjoy food and beer drinks and not feel as guilty about it.  There's no hiding that I love food, being that I do have a food blog and all.  I enjoy making dishes that people love.  Nothing makes me feel better than hearing Mike or the girls tell me that they liked something I made.   These were a hit with Katelyn and Mike.  Makenzie had BK on the brain and refused to even try these.  She thought that would get her a breakfast "burger" in the end.  It failed.


Ingredients:

1 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
3 Tbs. Sugar
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 1/4 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice*
3/4 tsp. Salt
1 1/3 Cups of Milk
3/4 Cups Pure Canned Pumpkin
4 large Eggs, separated
1/4 Cup Butter, Melted
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract

*I did not have pumpkin pie spice so I used about 3/4 tsp. of Cinnamon,   1/4 tsp. nutmeg, 1/4 tsp. cloves.  It worked out well. 

Directions:

Preheat your griddle.

Combine all the dry ingredients together.  Whisk to combine.


Combine all your wet ingredients together, MINUS the egg whites.


Stir until mostly combined.  Mine was a bit lumpy because my butter wasn't completely melted.

Combine your wet ingredients (minus egg whites) into your dry ingredients and whisk combine.


Beat your egg white just until soft white peaks form.  Fold into your batter. 


And do what mama's (and some daddy's) do best.  Make pancakes! 

While I was taking pictures of my finished product, the butter kept melting and sliding all over my pancakes like a slip and slide.  They were delicious pancakes!


Recipe Adapted from B out There

5 comments:

  1. Just speaks of fall and cozy-ness. I would love to eat these on a lazy, cold day wrapped in sweaters with a good book by my side and latte on the other.

    Mmmmm....sounds so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made these this morning and they were wonderful just the right amount of pumpkin flavor for the family's taste, since I am lazy about whisking early in the A.M. I threw everything in the ninja and the came out beautifully.The recipe made enough for my family of 4 (3 pancakes each) and we still have 6 servings I can freeze for the upcoming week

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this stack of pancakes!
    I would love if you added this and any other pumpkin themed links to my "Happy Post" today. http://su.pr/1rMDg2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made these this morning and they were yummy! I prefer more sweetness to my pumpkin things, more like pumpkin pie, so after tasting the batter, I added a lot more cinnamon & nutmeg, plus a tablespoon or so of brown sugar (I didn't have pumpkin pie spice either). Mine also came out quite a bit thicker than your picture, possibly because I used more dry ingred?? But like I said, they were delish and a big hit here. Thanks for posting the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVED THIS!!! however when I reached in the pantry I didn't have pumpkin pie canned but I did have sweet potato SO we had " sweet potato pancakes" with your recipe like normal...awesomness

    ReplyDelete