Friday, October 28, 2011

Keeping it classy

As always, I'm here to keep it classy.   I made a certain kind of cake today that I will share with you on Monday.  Until then you can check out how exactly I keep it classy.   When you make a cake like this, they tell you to turn it over and let it sit on a bottle until it has fully cooled before removing it from the pan.   A bottle?  Why yes I have a few of those!  This should be easy!

Further more, if anyone has some really great advice on getting that dark crap that sticks to glass top stoves and doesn't wash away, please let me know!  As you can see, I am not very good at getting rid of it.   I have tried baking soda, letting water sit on it, letting that lemon stuff sit on it.   Nothing really gets rid of it all. 

Today is the last day to enter the Chickband Giveaway.  You can enter here.   I will post the winner sometime this weekend. 

Lastly, let me just say that my job gets in the way of actually doing races.   I usually work Friday and/or Saturday and do not get home until after 1am.   That's not enough sleep to be getting up at 6:30 am or earlier for any of the local races.  Bummer.   Until I win the lottery, there isn't much I can do about it! 

9 comments:

  1. You didn't drink the beer first? Man, you have will power. :-)
    Can't wait to hear about your cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I use a glass top stove I use a product made especially to clean them or a product from Corning that is made to clean Corning pans. It does work well.

    I love your Corona bottle for the angel cake pan. I used to use a wine bottle!

    Bet that cake is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried everything to get rid of the black crap/stuff on my cooktop. I can't get all of it. I've tried lots of products and none of them work -- even the ones specifically for glass/ceramic cook tops. What I do now, is use oven cleaner. The non-smelly kind. But there is always some of the black stuff that doesn't come off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you have to race - only if you want to. Just recap your runs :P ...but only when they are AWESOME :D

    Corona is one of the only beers I'll drink. I quit drinking beer 3 years ago b/c it makes me sooooo bloated.

    I have to idea how to get the #%^%&^Y%&%&!&!!!! crap of the stove! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha. smart thinking on the bottle for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a glass top stove and I use Mr. Clean magic Erasers for cleaning it! It works really well compared to other things I have tried.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use Soft Scrub on my glass stove top with a scotch-brite sponge (the grittier side).

    It works like magic. Just squirt some soft scrub on the marks, then start scrubbing away.... wipe clean with a paper towel, then I just wash with a warm cloth & it's clean :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I second Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. They truly are MAGIC!! And you can use them on SO many things! Also Barkeeper's Friend works really well, and you don't suffocate from all the bleach fumes in the meantime...:-)

    ReplyDelete