Monday, November 14, 2011

Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting


Yep...you read right.   More pumpkin.   When will I get over this pumpkin need?  Probably never but I do plan on still venturing out once and a while.  I kid.  It should slow down after this but I have said that before so who the heck knows with me anymore.   This cake is amazing.   It's light and fluffy and full of flavor.  The cream cheese frosting compliments this cake so well also.   Both of my sisters loved it and one sister even had the chance to eat the lovely piece of cake in this picture.   She asked me how I cut such perfect pieces.   I had to be honest and tell her I just cut.    I don't do anything special and I just hope for the best.   Take that secret with you.   It has more value than gold. 




Cake Ingredients:

4 eggs
1 2/3 Cups Sugar
1 Cup Vegetable Oil
2 Cups Pure Pumpkin
2 Cups Flour
2 tsp. Baking Powder
2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking soda


Frosting Ingredients:

8 oz. Cream Cheese, Softened
1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
2 Cups Confectioners Sugar
1 Tbs. Vanilla Extract

Directions:

Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, pumpkin and vegetable oil.  Mix for a couple of minutes until it's well mixed and some air is incorporated. 


In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. 


By hand, stir in the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients just until combined.   There will be some lumps.    No worries!


Pour mixture into a greased 9x13 pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.


While the cake is cooling, make the frosting. 

In a large bowl combine the softened cream cheese and butter.   Mix on high until fluffy.


Add the powdered sugar and mix on low until incorporated.   Then turn on high and whip the heck out of it.   Add the vanilla and continue to whip.   I wanted a light and fluffy frosting so I had mine running on high for a few minutes after the ingredients were all added.  

Once the cake is cool, frost the cake.  


Source:  Sweet Peas Kitchen

10 comments:

  1. THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! making it....although I just used the last of my pumpkin for hummus :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay....so pumpkin is not my fave...but that cream cheese frosting looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I just said pizza was my favourite food, but I'm just catching up on your blog now and I think this post changed my mind!!! Wow. I love everything about this. I will need to try it asap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love pumpkin cake. I use my grandma's recipe to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing! It might be the dessert for Thanksgiving…unless I cave and make it beforehand :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog and of all the posts i'm reading I cannot help but comment on the pumpkin one, of course! This looks incredible and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made this last night - easy to make and so so good. Whew that's rich frosting - and so pretty. Here's a pic if I can post a link:
    http://twitpic.com/7fz8i2

    Thank you for sharing a great recipe! We'll be making this again!
    (Are you on twitter, Sarah?)

    karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that іs onе οf the ѕuсh a
    lot vital informatіon for me. Anԁ i'm satisfied studying your article. But should remark on few general things, The website taste is perfect, the articles is actually nice : D. Good job, cheers

    Review my web page ... cheap auto insurance dallas
    My page: auto insurance dallas tx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ηowdy! Dо уou know if theу makе
    any ρlugins to helρ with Ѕearch Engine Oрtimization?
    I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing
    vеry good results. Ӏf уou know of any please share.
    Aρргeciаte it!

    My web-sitе ... tens pain relief
    My web site: samstensunits.com

    ReplyDelete