Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What should I do with my hair?

I haven't had my hair cut since January.   Yes...January as in almost a full year ago.   I've been contemplating for a while what to do with it and have sort of enjoyed growing it out for the time being.   But now I just simply need it.   My ends are gross and my hair snarls up so easily that something needs to be done one way or the other.   I'm hoping you will all help me here.  

This is what I look like on a normal day that I have my hair down.  

The problem with this is I rarely have it down.   I usually at some point end up putting it back because I find it annoying to always have hair falling into my face when doing the dishes, vacuuming, and cleaning the floors.  

SO then I end up with something like this.


I realize my mirror always looks dirty.   It's because I have the need to wipe it down with a towel after my shower and then it dries that way.   Martha wouldn't be impressed. 

 I'm thinking of getting a couple inches off but keeping most of the length but the biggest difference would be BANGS.   I'm actually considering getting side sweeping bangs.   Mind you, I haven't had bangs since 1994.    They would look something like this.


Can you see me through the watermarks? 

Now is your chance to tell me what to do.  I can't promise I'll take your advice but I really would appreciate it.   Do I make a jump for something totally different or continue to look like this?

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Whoops typo corrected comment.
    #1. I love that sweater and would like to have one.
    #2. You could so pull off the side swoop bang. They are way lower maintenance than the full on fringe. I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely go for the bangs! I recommend going for a longer bang to see how you like it. Wait a week. If you still like them and want to go shorter, you can trim them back yourself. I usually grow my hair out and then donate it to Locks of Love. When I do that, I usually go for the longer bangs to compliment my shorter hair. After about a month or two, I'm over the bangs. I have a fairly oily forehead and the bangs tend to bunch up into clumps by the end of the day because they pick up on all the oil (ick). I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, I'm a guy...so take my advice with a grain of salt. Second, I'm biased, because I'm a sucker for long dark hair. My wife knows this and so she lets her hair grow long.

    However, when it gets long enough, she gets it chopped off and donates her hair to "Locks of Love". They make wigs for children with cancer.

    I'm sad at first (again, cause I LOVE long black hair) but then I'm happy because I know some kid out there will get a wig during their cancer treatments. Knowing that makes it easier for me to wait for her hair to grow long again :-)

    p.s. There is nothing wrong with long black hair in a pony tail either :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do it, make the leap! I just changed my hair dramatically this week, good bye 6ish inches of hair. Side sweeps bangs would be cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As someone who constantly cuts her bangs, grows them out....hair grows fast bangs are high maintainance but you'd look super awesome /w them. I'm cutting mine blunt straight across....side bangs are nice but short bangs would look awesome one you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ps: please don't take offense to this but I think you would look 50000 times hotter /w those bangs ;) you are of course already smoking :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you could rock the bangs! I'm sure whatever you decide will be gorgeous. Can't wait to see your hair after it's cut!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get the bangs!!! Keep the length though. It looks good on you! Maybe a trim to get rid of the split ends!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'd just trim it because you have beautiful long hair!! and the bangs look cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel blah about my hair at times too. The bangs were a good choice!

    ReplyDelete