Wednesday, December 14, 2011

9th Wedding Anniversary and Pictures from our wedding.

Today is our 9th wedding anniversary.   That makes us sound very old but in reality we just got married very young.   Young as in 6 months after graduation.   Young as in not even 19 year old.   Young as in WTF were we thinking?! 

It all worked out for us in the long run but I don't think I'd suggest it to many other people ;)  I think it takes a lot more work and possibly luck that you will both grow into people that can actually live happily together.  

The story as to why we got married so young is really simple.    He left for the Army in August of 2002.   We missed each other so very much so I wanted to move by him in Oklahoma.   The only way that would work is if we got married.   Turns out that he was deployed to Iraq 3 months later and I was back to Wisconsin for another 9 months waiting for him some more.    Then back to Oklahoma I went.  

Here are some pictures of our wedding.   Enjoy!










13 comments:

  1. Oh Sarah! You look absolutely stunning :) GORGEOUS girl! and Mike? sorry if I got the name wrong looks so cute :) CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous! I couldn't even imagine the wedding planning at that age! I'm so glad it's all worked out for you--especially with him leaving so early on in the marriage. I love your dress! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at your pretty pretty princess dress! Beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww!!!! love love love this! you are gorgeous! and your pics turned out perfect!!! Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. priceless photos -- priceless memories!! thanks for sharing such special pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics, you guys look great.
    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy anniversary!! you're a stunning bride!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really do look very young in your pictures, but also very beautiful.

    Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gorgeous photos! Happy Anniversary, Sarah! I love your tiara :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You were indeed a beautiful bride! Congratulations on your anniversary!!

    I would like to politely request you be more appropriate with your language on your blog. My children and I enjoy your posts and your talent, but your "H**L yeah for today and your "WTF" posting underneath a photo of you in what appears to be A CHURCH OR CATHEDRAL just seems inappropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I agree with Anonymous! Embarrassed by your :( WT* acronym to when viewing online today with my two pre-teen daughters. Someone of your talent can surely use better language? Please clean it up or we'll have to unsubscribe. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are amazing Sarah! You look fabulous. You guys are such a cute couple!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am soooo behind in reading my blogs and just came across this and I LOOOOVE it! You look beautiful and I really can't believe how young you are - crazy! So glad it worked out for you and congrats - happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete