Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Chicken Caesar Sandwiches in the Slow Cooker!

I can't take credit for this one.    It's amazing and easy and so very delicious.   I found it a while ago over at Sweet Treats and More.   I knew it would eventually make it into our rotation and I'm so glad it did!   I used the left over chicken today on my salad and it was just amazing.   My sister had a sandwich and after finishing, raved about how good the chicken was.   Winning.





Ingredients:

2 lbs. Chicken.   I used Chicken Tenders
1 Can Chicken Broth
1/2 Cup Caesar Dressing
2 Tbs. Dried Parsley
1/2 tsp. Pepper
1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese

Directions:

In your slow cooker, combine the chicken and the chicken broth.   Turn on low and cook for 4-6 hours.  

Once the chicken is tender, removed from the slow cooker and shred.   Get rid of the chicken broth that is in the crock pot.

Sorry for the bad lighting.  It was dark by 4pm last night :(

Add the parsley and pepper.   Then add in the dressing.   Add slowly to ensure you don't over do it.   You can add as much or as little as you would like to.    Then add the Parmesan cheese and turn the slow cooker on high and cook for 30 minutes, until the cheese melts and the chicken is warmed through. 

Serve on a bun with lettuce.

4 comments: