Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas is Over

And I'm ready to get back on track.   I took 2 days off.   One by choice and the other not by choice.   I actually came down with a stomach bug and felt pretty horrible on Christmas day.   I ended up spending most of the day on the couch watching this.  


Mike is obsessed with YouTube.   He also had no idea I was taking this picture.  

Christmas was great.   We got a lot of nice things.   One of my favorites was this:


I couldn't wait to take it out for a test run so yesterday, although I wasn't feeling well yet, I went out and did 5k in 29:31.   I can see how these are dangerous.   I kept looking down at it.   Before when I used my phone, It was in a sleeve on my arm and I could never look at it to see my pace, time, distance.   It would tell me after each mile but that's it.   Now it's right there staring at me at all times.  

I also got one of these:


It hurts so good...

I also did Jillian's 30 day shred and I am no longer hurting from it.   About time.  

In other news, Katelyn has off of school all week.   The girls have been fighting non-stop and I might possibly go crazy by the end of the week.    If my posts get more and more random throughout the week, you know why.   If you have a heart, come save me.  

8 comments:

  1. Sorry you were sick. Ugh. And I'm sure it wasn't fun watching the hubby play on youtube. I know sometimes I'm ready to snap my hubby's iPad in half with the youtube watching.

    School vacations are very trying on me as well - while I get a "break" from 30 or so kids, the two I have at home exhaust me far more!!!

    I hope you get out and try out that Garmin today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about the stomach bug! That is the worst. We had a wonderful Christmas, too. It has been so nice to have my husband around for a change!

    You are going to absolutely LOVE your Garmin. After I got mine is when I totally started improving my pace- it's hard not to when you have it starting you in the face all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could save you but I'm knee deep in fighting kids too.
    Let's run away. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well! I can totally take pics of my husband too and he would never know it...he gets so into stuff. Feel better and enjoy your Garmin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope you're feeling better! i woke up on Christmas morning with a horrible crick in my neck. it's just now leaving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're feeling better now.

    Enjoy your Garmin. What's the other thing you got?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same foam roller! Sorry you were sick. That's awful. Feeling better? Oooh a Garmin?! What a great present!

    ReplyDelete