Monday, December 12, 2011

Monday Miles 12/12/11

I might have multiple posts today.  I have some posts that I have going on in my head but I am not sure I'll have the time to get them all out.    I wanted to do Monday Miles this week for a few different reasons.   First is because I ran the most miles this week than I ever have in a one week period.  I logged in so many miles mostly because of the HBBC challenge going on.   I am fighting hard to stay in the top three and sometimes I feel like I'm working way too hard for being only a builder.   I have some issues with how people are inputting their info as well.  

One of which, I noticed at least one person puts in their points for the entire week at the beginning of the week anticipating what they will do that week with the schedule they have put together.   This simply isn't fair.   I don't think they ever go back to change it when they don't meet those goals.   

The second one is when they only add their points at the very end of the week or even a day after the week has ended.   How do we know who we are even competing against if you're not regularly adding your points as you go.    It also brings up the honesty in your points because it seems the ones that do this, sky rocket to the top with little or few posts stating they are working out and doing anything to get these points.   These are some major points they are laying down and I'd love to see how they are getting these just as much as anyone else that is competing in HBBC.  


With that, Amanda is doing an amazing job running this.   I don't know how she does it to be completely honest.   I am a stay at home mom during the day and I still wouldn't have the time to organize this amazing challenge.  

I feel so much better the past two weeks.   I feel like it's thanks to all the fruits and veggies that I have been consuming thanks to HBBC as well.  

One other amazing thing happened this week.   It was pretty damn cold in Wisconsin this week and I did make a half attempt to run outside on Tuesday but gave up after 1.5 miles because I was too cold.   My throat and longs hurt even though I was breathing through a scarf so I went home and finished up on the treadmill.   I sort of fell in love with that thing.   I thought it would never happen but it was there at any time of the day.  I managed to run twice a day a few times this week because I could run while Kenzie and Aubri played.   It was sort of amazing!   Then I would run again at night.   

My Miles are going to be a bit off and not exactly match the HBBC challenge because I run my week Monday to Sunday, but you get the idea.  

Monday 12-5

     - 3 miles on the treadmill in the AM
     - 3.5 miles on the treadmill in the PM

Tuesday 12-6 
 
     - 1.5 miles outside in the AM
     - 2 miles on the treadmill also in the AM

Wednesday 12-7

     - 4 miles on the treadmill in the AM
     - 2.5 miles on the treadmill in the PM

Thursday 12-8

     - 5.25 miles on the treadmill in the PM....longest run on the treadmill ever for me.  

Friday 12-9

    - No Running

Saturday 12-10
  
     - No Running

Sunday 12-11

     - 5 mile run outside in the PM
     - 1.25 mile walk back home

Total Miles: 28 miles!!!!


My other points come from eating all my fruits and veggies (having a smoothie in the AM really helps this) and then doing tons and tons of arm, ab and leg workouts.   Also I have stretched before and after each run.   This is something I was sooo lazy about prior to HBBC as well. 

How did your workout week go? 

Has HBBC been motivating you to put out more physical activity than you normally do? 

6 comments:

  1. HBBC has definitely been helping me. I'm a builder as well, and have yet to be in the top 3, but I stay close. It has helped me keep my points straight by adding a "comment" to each cell that shows what I did on each day and how many points it totals. That way people can see how I'm actually making my points, AND I can make sure I'm keeping them straight. And I completely agree with you, Amanda has done an amazing job! I have thought about that several times throughout this whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, that is SO awesome that the HBBC is motivating you so much!!! I couldn't agree with you more about the two complaints about how people are entering points :) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never entered that challenge. I don't know why. I can't get into blog challenges...I only like giveaways :P lol I'm mean.

    I would however completely agree /w you if I was participating. Sounds like people are lying.

    I logged 45mies this week (some running most biking) and I've had a huge salad /w every meal (excluding bfast) I wonder how many points I would get :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. preach it friend! you know i agree with you on all these points! regardless, you're kicking butt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go on the miles! HBBC is a great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with HBBC Sarah! I just saw the surgery post. Glad she's feeling ok!

    ReplyDelete