Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Somme Institute Review

A couple months ago I was talking with another blogger about how my skin had been horrible ever since I started running 6 months ago.   No matter what I did, I couldn't get it to clear up.   I would wash my face immediately after getting back from a run.   I would wash my face before a run to make sure I had no make up on.   Nothing at all worked.   I was becoming pretty depressed to be entirely honest.  I kept thinking that it's not fair that I can work on being healthy in other ways but then my face breaks out and I no longer look healthy.

I have spent many days in the dermatologists office in my adult years.  I have such sensitive skin that I've ended up in the Emergency Room from having an allergic reaction to face products.  That is when one of the worst things happened.  They told me to use a combination of hydrocortison cream and face lotion to help my skin go back to normal.   The problem with that remedy is that my skin actually because addicted to the hydrocortison and whenever I would stop using it, my face would flair up in a rosacea type of rash and I would go back to using the hydrocortison to get rid of it.   I am embarrassed to say that this has been going on for years.   It's so unhealthy to use hydrocortison on your skin and I just kept with it to keep the flair-up away.   

Back track two months ago when I contacted Somme Institute desperate to try their products.   I was thrilled when they emailed me back and said that they would send me their whole 5 step Regimen to try.   It arrived a few days later and I was so very excited to give it a try.



Week 1 - Major break outs.   I had probably some of the worst skin ever this week.   My sister even came into the house one morning when she was dropping off her daughter and noticed the break out.   I knew this had to happen to clean out my skin and bring out my new skin so I was okay with this!  Another thing that happened this week that I mentioned previously.   My skin was dependent on hydrocortisone and I stopped using that right when I started using Somme.   My rosacea was back and I had some burning and redness.   I read online that steroid induced rosacea will take months to heal and go away.   I was bummed. 

Week 2 - Still breaking out but I am noticing that my breakouts are healing much quicker and they are becoming less frequent.   My rosacea was gone.  GONE.   Never has this happened before.  I am not sure if Somme can help with steroid induced rosacea but it sure as heck cleared up mine in a week!

Week 3 - Clear skin!  It's starting to happen!   I am still getting some blemishes but not at all like before.   I am also having several black heads making their way to the top and for the first time I am noticing how fresh and new my skin is starting to look!   My mother in law even told me that something was different about how I looked.   I looked more "mature" or something.  I think it basically was that I didn't have the adolescent skin she was used to seeing.   I still didn't have ANY rosacea.   None at all. 

Week 4 - Still having a couple small problem areas but these are the areas I have always battled with my entire adult life.   I can tell that Somme is still clearing out my skin.   The blemishes are healing quickly and becoming less often.   No signs of rosacea and I feel safe in saying that my skin is no longer dependent on hydrocortison which is a first in 7 years.  Yes, I used hydrocortison that long. 

Week 5 - Nearly perfect skin.   I couldn't have dreamed of my skin looking this good while maintaining my new healthy lifestyle.    I am so very thankful for Somme.   It  helped me through steroid induced rosacea.   It helped my skin become healthy.   It made me actually proud of my skin instead of embarrassed.    I look forward to continuing this regimen and seeing all of the results from this point on.

What's in the 5 step regimen - 

Somme Institute contains our Patented technology MDT5 (Molecular Dispersion Technology), a revolutionary protein/vitamin delivery system (A, B3, B5, C and E) which transforms the skin, thus improving its tone, texture and clarity while reducing the signs of aging (for all skin types).
Step 1: Nourishing Cleanser (non-foaming/non-irritating)
Step 2: Transport (gentle exfoliant)
Step 3: Serum (with Vitamin C)
Step 4: A-Bomb (moisturizer with Vitamins A and E)
Step 5: Double Defense (SPF 30+)

The Nitty Gritty - Somme Institute 5 Step Regimen is for sale here.   For the entire 5 step it will cost you $298.00.    I have been on their email list for some time now and if that price is too steep for you, they almost always have a sale going on of some sort.   On Black Friday the 5 step regimen was 40% off.   I wish I would have taken advantage of it then!

You can also skip some of the steps to save yourself some money.   The parts of the regimen that I would personally keep is the Cleanser, the Serum, and the A-bomb. 

Bottom Line -  Is the 5 step regimen worth it after all the cost?   Yes.   It's not the cheapest treatment out there but if you want to have clear, smooth, flawless looking skin, give it a try.  I think you will fall in love.

I have spend thousands of dollars over the years on doctors visits, lotions, pills, and ointments to have clear skin and none of them have worked as well and as safely as the Somme Institute 5 Step Regimen has.

5 comments:

  1. I have terrible skin as well. I was just told to use a benzyl peroxide cleanser and a clairsonic mia face brush. It should be arriving to my door at the beginning of next week. If that doesn't work, then I might have to bite the bullet and try this out. Man it is pricey! Even at half off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may have been that blogger you were talking to? as i have horrible skin. Actually lately I've even started getting little pimps on my chest and ....BUM! wtf?!?!?! I have never had body zits so this is new for me. :( I am allergic to benzol peroxide and salacilic acid (sp?) so that makes 90% of products unavailable to me!

    what's in these guys???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah, did you happen to take any before and after pictures? I battle rosacea as well and I'm hoping this line will do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah,
    Did you happen to take any before and after photos? I battle rosacea as well, and I'm hoping this line will do the trick!

    ReplyDelete