Friday, January 27, 2012

Dear lady on the treadmill next to me....

So guess what?   You didn't smell!   You actually smelled good and I did appreciate this.   I didn't however appreciate the way you were running.   I am not exactly sure what is going on here but I'd love to know if this is some sort of training  technique I am not familiar with.   Maybe I'll have the balls to ask you some day because you truly confused me.  

As I floated along at my steady slower pace of a 6.1 on the treadmill, you were right next to me pounding away at a 6.8.   Yes I looked because you looked like you were killing yourself.    You were working so darn hard that every 60 seconds, you would jump up onto the side of your treadmill and act like you had to do something on your Ipod.   You gave it away after you did this the 10th time during your workout that it really was just a way to catch your breath again.   

Just an FYI.....when you are up on the side of your treadmill while it's still running full speed at 6.8, you really aren't running those miles.  

Why are you calling people while your treadmill is running at full speed (for her) and then standing on the sides once again?  Why do you not get off the treadmill and actually take this call?  

I don't think running, while holding onto the side bars hunched over is healthy. 

Oh, you didn't like that song again?  

Yes I think you do need that towel, however, I think it might be a good idea to actually turn your treadmill off or down when you decide to stop running and wipe yourself down.   No?  Okay I guess you can just stand on the side of your treadmill some more.   

Oh, you didn't like that song either? 

9 comments:

  1. Well, at least she didn't smell. I'll take a distracting whack-o any day of the week. It's the weird dude who is wearing jeans and the aluminum foil sweat jacket that I fear…

    And why, when there are 20 available treadmills, do you have to get on the one RIGHTNEXTTOME?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek. Sounds like somebody's in denial about their abilities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least she didn't pour a bottle of perfume on herself before she got on the treadmill. I think I need to change gyms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've sure got some funny treadmill stores. At least they keep it interesting - and give you some blog fodder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's pretty funny - it probably kept your mind off your running...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always wonder if that's what people think when I'm doing Tabata sprints, though I usually slow it down and walk for the rest period.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is one reason why I just can't run on a treadmill. I get bored, watch my counter and worry about what everyone around me is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hilarious! oh and - YES what Jen said... Why do they have to get on a treadmill right next to me if there are a row of 20 empty ones?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! It was probably me a few years ago when I thought I had to run like that... ;)

    ReplyDelete