Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Lasagna Soup


Brr it's cold out today.    The weather this week is the coldest temperatures we've had yet this winter so it's officially soup season.   This one is a sure to please.   I made it and there was only enough left over for one bowl the next day.   That to me indicates a successful meal.
Pin It







Ingredients:

1 lbs. Ground Beef or Ground Pork (I used beef)
1/2 onion, diced
4 Cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
1 can Tomato Paste
1 14oz. Can Diced Tomatoes
2 Bay Leaves
2 Cups Water
1/2 Package of Lasagna Noodles, Broken into bite sized pieces
1 Tbs. Dried Basil
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Optional:

Cheese to garnish

Directions:

In a frying pan, cook your ground beef with the diced onion, until no longer pink and onions are translucent.   salt and pepper the meat generously.  

Add in the garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes.   Stir constantly until the spices and garlic are fragrant.


Add the tomato paste and stir in.   Heat until the tomato paste starts to turn a little brown. 


Add the can of diced tomatoes and bay leaves. 


Transport into a larger pot and add the water and basil.    At this point, give it a good stir and add more salt and pepper as needed.   I did end up adding more.   Keep tasting until it seems right.


Bring to a boil and then turn the heat down to medium low.   Let the soup simmer for 30 minutes.  After simmering, add in the pasta and let cook another 10 minutes, or until the pasta is done. 




Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Holy cow, Sarah! This looks incredible!! Who would have thought to make lasagna into a soup?!?! This is a must-try. I have ground turkey already cooked from last night so I may just have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lasagna...good. Soup...good. Lasagna soup...GOOOOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a neat idea! Gah your photos always make me starving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great. I have a 'mix' for Lasagne Soup, but homemade is always so much better.

    Your PinIt button doesn't work for me...I had the same issue and had to follow a tutorial to get it working. Need to look for that link and share it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen recipes similar to this, but not where they use the lasagna noodles. What a great idea. I am going to use them as a substitute for the more expensive papparadelle - thanks!! Can't wait to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm! This looks delish! I can't wait to try it sometime. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, wasn't this for me :P hahah I love the look of this. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh yum! I'm thnking this would rock also with some tortellini or ravioli! Mmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love lasagna and soup and it never made sense to combine the two until now. I will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete