Saturday, January 14, 2012

My love for all things Nuun.


Have you tried Nuun?   Please say you have!   If you haven't you have to try it.   Just once and you will be hooked. 

Back on Halloween I received a package from Nuun that contained 4 tubes and their water bottle.   I was excited to try it and I went for a run that day with Nuun in hand.   I LOVE it.   My favorite part about it is that it actually isn't overly sweet.  It's a subtle flavor but a yummy subtle flavor.    In the pack they sent me, it had Grape, Tropical, Strawberry Lemonade, and Fruit Punch.   You can purchase this exact pack for $24.00 here.  My favorite, which actually surprised me was the Tropical flavor.   They were the first gone.   The ones I liked the least, which isn't saying much because I still liked it, was Grape.  I still have a couple of them left.

With that being said, what surprised me about this product is how long it actually lasts.   I have been drinking the Nuun very regularly since October 31st and I still have a couple tablets left.   There are 12 to each tub and even if you're drinking about 2 a day, a package will last you over a month.   As you can see, mine lasted me 2.5 months.   I don't drink it every day but I like it when I am tired of the water flavor.  

One of the great things about Nuun that water doesn't have is electrolytes. Each Tablet makes 16 ounces of Nuun and delivers 360 mg. of Sodium, 100 mg. of Potassium, 25 mg. of Magnesium and 13 mg of Calcium.   All the things to help you recover from your run or workout.

One other quick note is that the Nuun water bottle is by far my favorite water bottle.  It sounds silly but I truly love their water bottle and use it every day I go to the gym.



I don't really have any negatives about Nuun other than the cost seems a bit high at first but if you break it down, it is about $ 0.50 each bottle (is my math right?!)   That is so affordable! 

I need to give one shout out to Nuun as well quickly.   I am on Team Tough Chik and they recently became a sponsor!   Yay for Nuun discounts! Thank you for becoming a Team Tough Chik Sponser Nuun


What is your favorite Nuun Flavor? 

How often do you drink Nuun? 

I received a 4 pack of Nuun and a water bottle in compensation for my review.    All opinions expressed in this review are my own.  

11 comments:

  1. Love Nuun! I pretty much only drink it during long runs or during the summer though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've tried strawberry lemonade and grape and i just don't like it... maybe i'm doing something wrong but i just don't like the taste. i was all pumped up to try it but oh well. i think its the fizziness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to try it but just haven't.
    Do you drink it while running or for recovery?
    I will have to just buy some. I love my sports drinks not to sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love nuun! My favorites are fruit punch and tropical. YUM! I like to drink it while running and for recovery after.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried nuun yet -- but I have been hearing about them via the blogosphere, so of course I'd love to give them a try and see what all the hype is about:) I checked out their website and scoured the ingredients... I think I like what I see. I suppose ZippFizz has a little competition on their hands, now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yayyy!!!! i LOVE nuun! sooo good! i actually won the banana flavor in a giveaway and was not sure i would like it but i did! all the ones i have tried are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE Nuun. Unfortunately, my husband loves it too so he drinks it all! I really like triberry and strawberry lemonade.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE NUUN! I am training for my first marathon and put together a 10 must have for marathon training and NUUN is absolutely in the list if not in my top 5 must haves! Even though I kept reading that lemon flavor was their best seller I was reluctant to try it as I am not into sour drinks but I absolutely love their lemon flavor! It's not sour at all it is refreshing and soothing and just lovable (yes I am in love with Nuun) Tropical is my least favorite but I will take that against any other sport drink!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never used Nuun but have been reading such great things I just might have to try ... I stick with chocolate milk after my runs, and straight water after gym sessions. I'm totally sold after your review though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have some but haven't tried it yet. I literally just got it in the mail today!

    ReplyDelete