Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Come Back Sauce


This stuff has been labeled the best stuff on anything.   You can use it with Chicken, Fish, Beef, Burgers, Fries, you name it.   It's very easy to make and worth the 10 minutes to measure and store.  

Mike's a condiments man.   We have pretty much every condiment and dressing you can buy and I find it rather annoying.   Our fridge door is filled to the max with bottles of condiments.   No matter what dinner I make, Mike has to add same sauce or condiment to it. 

Maybe he's just trying to mask the flavor.   No....that can't be.   Nevermind I even said that.  

I'm hoping this will take care of some of the bottles.  




Ingredients:

1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
1/4 Cup Chili Sauce
1/4 Cup Ketchup
1/4 Cup Light Olive Oil
1/4 tsp. Hot Sauce
1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
Juice of one lemon
1 Tbs. (Heaping) Dijon Mustard*
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 tsp. Onion Salt
1 tsp. black pepper

*I only stone ground mustard.  I used it and it was just fine :)

Directions:

It's so simple I found it silly to take a picture.   Add all the ingredients into a blender.   Blend until fully incorporated.   Place into a container and refrigerate over night to let the flavors combine before using. 


Source:  Syrup and Biscuits via Pinterest

4 comments:

  1. i am kinda obsessed with sauces!! i put hot sauce on everything...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh good Lord my husband is the same way with condiments! i even try to keep them all corralled into the fridge doors but he just leaves them on the regular shelves. drives. me. nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to try making this! My fiance is currently hooked on sweet chili sauce but maybe this will be a good change of pace :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this does seem like the condiment to top all condiments.

    ReplyDelete