Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Yellow Jasmine Rice aka The Best Rice Ever


I usually wont say "The best" when posting recipes because I'm scared people will take that very seriously and then be disappointed when it doesn't live up to their standards.    This time I think I've got something special here so I am pretty confident in labeling it "The Best Rice Ever."   This stuff is amazing. 

The smell.

The color.

The taste.

They all meet my expectations.    You need to try this.   Run to the store, get the ingredients and make this as a side dish for dinner.   Heck!   Make it for your main dish if you wish.   I wont judge.







Ingredients:

2 Cups of Dry Jasmine Rice
3 Cups Water
3 Chicken Bouillon Cubes (Or I used 1 Tbs. of Better Than Bouillon)
1 tsp. Turmeric
1/2 tsp. Diced Garlic
1/4 tsp. Ground Cumin
1/8 tsp. Cinnamon
1 Bay Leaf
2 Tbs. Butter

Directions:

In a large pot, add the butter, garlic, turmeric, cumin, and cinnamon.  Stir constantly on medium heat for about 2 minutes to get the spices cooking.  

Inhale.  Yum. 



Add the jasmine rice and stir to coat the rice.   The rice may pop a little bit.   Continue to stir constantly for 2 minutes. 



Add the water, bouillon cubes and bay leaf and give a good stir.   Turn the heat up to high and put a lid on the pot.   Once the water is rapidly boiling, turn the heat down to the lowest setting and let alone for 20 minutes.  


After 20 minutes, take the lid off of the pot.   Remove the bay leaf and fluff the rice with a fork.  




5 comments:

  1. I have that exact same bag if jasmine rice in the pantry. Now I know what to do with it, looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much for the recipe..I make raisin pudding using the jasmine rice, & it is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made my mouth water. Pretty sure I'm heading out to the store now, that looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks delicious! I am now hungry...New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this tonight. It was very yummy- the first time I had used this combination of spices AND I didn't burn the rice. (I always burn the rice)

    ReplyDelete