Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef


 Please try this.    It was such a hit in this house and I can only imagine it will be in your house as well.   The list of ingredients is long but I honestly had all of these ingredients on hand.   It took about 5 minutes to have this in the slow cooker, ready to go.   It made our home smell amazing and I couldn't help but sneak a piece of meat here and there as it cooked later in the afternoon. 






Ingredients:

1 lbs. Stew Meat
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 Cup Soy Sauce (I used Lite)
1/4 Cup White Wine
1/4 Cup Cooking Sherry
1/2 tsp. White Wine Vinegar
1 tsp. Sesame Oil
1 tsp. Molasses
1 tsp. Ginger, grated
1 tsp. Onion Powder
1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 Tbs. Peanut Butter
3 Tbs. Brown Sugar
2 Tbs. Cornstarch

Direction:

In your slow cooker (I used a small one) combine the garlic powder, soy sauce, white wine, cooking sherry, white wine vinegar, sesame oil, molasses, ginger, onion powder, red pepper flakes, peanut butter and brown sugar.    Whisk to combine.


Add your stew meat.   Cook on low for 8 hours, or until meat is fork tender.  

30 minutes before serving, add the cornstarch to 1/4 cup of water and stir to combine.   Pour into the crock pot.   This will help thicken up the sauce.  

Once thickened, serve over rice. 



3 comments:

  1. Would it be the same without the peanut butter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. By golly, I have a confession. I used to eat a very ridiculous amount of Panda Express (specifically, the orange chicken, mongolian beef and fried rice..mmm!) I don't do much eating out anymore, so I love that you posted this recipe - I would not have known where to begin with making my own glorious mongolian beef. Thanks for the great recipe and next time beef's on the menu, I'll be making it your style!

    ReplyDelete