Thursday, March 15, 2012

Somme Institute BOOST and Eye Cream Review

Ahhh.   I am so thankful for these products.   As many of you know, I've been in contact with Rachel from Somme Institute for some time now.   First she sent me the 5 step regimen to review.    If you missed that review, you can find it here.   To make it short, I loved the 5 step regimen.    I first want to update on that and then I will touch on a couple of other new products I've been lucky enough to try. 

Since my first review of the 5 step regimen, I have had to purchase some of the line myself.   I ran out of the nourishing cleanser about 2 weeks ago.  Yes, two weeks ago!   That means the first bottle lasted me about 3 months.  I only used one pump in the morning and one in the evening and it lasted that long!   I ran out of the transport pads after 1 month and didn't repurchase those and have been fine without them.   I ran out of the serum about 3 weeks ago.  I haven't repurchased it and wanted to see how my skin was without it first.  I might be repurchasing it soon as I feel like I lost a little bit of control of my skin since stopping it.   Not sure yet though.   It takes me at least a month to tell for sure since my skin goes through cycles.  I still haven't ran out of the A Bomb.   I have a little bit left in the container and bought some a while ago for when I did run out.   Somme Institute was having a 50% sale through a deal site so I wanted to take advantage of that.   I also still have a lot of the double defense lotion left.   I think it will last me close to 6 months before having to purchase again! 


My skin since my first review:  

I still am not having any cystic acne since using Somme.   That was my hugest complaint before starting.  I was getting large cysts under the skin that hurt and Somme is still working to keep those away.   I still have small blemishes but nothing like I had before using Somme.

  I feel like my skin is so much more refreshed looking.  I actually notice I look younger!  I can see the difference!   Really, I can!



Somme Institute Boost:

Boost is a gentle warming mask that you use around one time per week to help assist the 5 step regimen or on it's own.   

When you first put this on, you will notice the amazing scent.   Think Vanilla Chai Tea.    It smells amazing!   Once it is on your face, you can feel a little bit of warmth from it.   It goes on easily and then you let it sit for 10 minutes before wiping it off. 

My first thoughts is that I did find it to dry my skin just a little more than normal.   I have insanely dry skin during the winter months so I ended up having to use some more lotion for a few days after using it.   It did make my skin more radiant though and after using it a while now, I do feel it helps to assist the 5 step regime in keeping my skin more clear. 

Here are the facts straight from their website:

What is it? A gentle warming mask that purifies, nourishes and leaves the skin feeling smooth with pumpkin enzymes, minerals, vitamins and Patented MDT5 Technology. Gentle enough for all skin types, this product prepares the skin to better receive and absorb the 5-Step Regimen.

Who is it for? ALL skin types & MOST skin conditions. Sun Damage, Fine Lines & Wrinkes, Acne, Rosacea all while improving skin discoloration, tone, texture and clarity.

Why is it different? In addition to Patented MDT5 and free radical fighting anti-oxidants, Boost contains pumpkin enzymes to increase cellular regeneration; Zeolite, a natural mineral to warm the skin and open the pores enabling Kaolin to aptly absorb excess oil, dirt and impurities.

You can purchase Boost for $40.00 here.



 Somme Institute Eye:

Rachel also sent me the Eye Cream to try.    Sadly, I am to the age now that I'm starting to notice fine lines.   Talk about depressing.   I have this one line under my eye that I first noticed and it hasn't gone away since I found it.    I think it's from my constant belly and side sleeping and smooshing my face into the pillow all night long.    When I use the eye cream that line actually goes away!  It also decreases my dark circles and makes my eyes look younger!    I don't have very puffy under eyes so I really can't tell if it works for that.    I know I keep raving about their products but I really do love them.   I think that shows in the fact that I have actually purchased their products after reviewing them.    I would never do that with a product I didn't love.

I don't have any before and after pictures but I plan to do a before/after shoot with my sister for the eye cream.   She has very puffy under eyes and darker circles than I do so I would love to give the eye cream a try on her and see what difference it makes.   Keep a look out for that.   Unfortunately that means I actually have to share my eye cream. 

Here are the facts on the eye cream straight from their site:

What is it? A treatment for the thinnest and the most delicate skin on the face. Eye is infused with eye-specific Molecular Dispersion Technology 5 (MDT5), a patented technology of vitamins A, B3, B5, C and E designed to help improve skin tone, texture and clarity. Eye delivers intense hydration and moisture while improving skin firmness and brightening the eye contour. It also evens skin tone and reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and crow's feet.

Who is it for? ALL skin types & MOST skin conditions. Sun Damage, Fine Lines & Wrinkes, Acne, Rosacea all while improving skin discoloration, tone, texture and clarity.

Why is it different? The point of difference is Somme Institute's patented technology, MDT5. MDT5 is designed to help improve fine lines and wrinkles, dryness, dehydrated and lackluster skin while preserving the skin's youthful appearance.

How do I use it? Apply in the morning and evening by lightly dabbing a small amount around the eyes and orbital bone with ring finger after using Somme Institute's A-Bomb (sold separately).

Sells for $70.00 (but remember they go on sale all the time) here.

Look for a giveaway in the near future from Somme Institute! 

I received these products for free to try for my honest review.    All opinions expressed are mine :)

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. And I am so glad I found it. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This overall content is fantastic. You make many points that I can agree with and others I need to ponder a bit. Your information content and writing ability is well above my expectations. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here.
    The sketch is tasteful, your authored material stylish.

    nonetheless, you command get bought an impatience over that you wish be delivering the following.
    unwell unquestionably come more formerly again as exactly the same
    nearly very often inside case you shield this increase.
    Here is my web-site ; health and beauty products

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, yes this piece of writing is genuinely good and I have learned lot
    of things from it about blogging. thanks.
    Here is my web page :: www.gabbitt.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, yes this piece of writing is genuinely good and I have
    learned lot of things from it about blogging.
    thanks.
    My page: www.gabbitt.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, wonderful blog format! How long have you ever been running a
    blog for? you made running a blog look easy. The whole glance
    of your web site is great, as smartly as the content!


    My web site - seo firms

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hurrah! At last I got a weblog from where I be capable of genuinely take
    useful data concerning my study and knowledge.


    Also visit my blog insurance policy

    ReplyDelete
  9. magnificent points altogether, you just gained a emblem
    new reader. What could you suggest in regards to your publish
    that you just made some days in the past? Any positive?



    my web site; spirituallust.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Since the admin of this web site is working, no question very shortly it will be well-known, due to its quality contents.


    Also visit my weblog; make money online for free

    ReplyDelete