Friday, March 9, 2012

What I've been eating...Breakfast

I have found my perfect food.   I'm not sure if I will get sick of it ever but I have been eating it for weeks now and I am still madly in love.   It's the perfect fuel for my morning runs at the gym.   It's the perfect food to keep me full and satisfied for hours.   What is it?   Over night oats.   Not just any over night oats but these over night oats....



The way I make them every single day is like this: 

1/4-1/3 Cup Old Fashioned Oats (dry)
1/2-2/3 Cup Vanilla Almond Milk
1 Tbs. Chia Seeds
1 Scoop Whey Protein Powder
1 Tbs. All Natural, No sugar added Nut Butter
1/2 Banana, Sliced. 

How to prepare: 

In a bowl, add your oats, milk and chia seeds.   Let sit overnight or even longer.   I've made two bowls ahead of time and they were just as good.  

The next day, heat in the microwave to your liking.   Add more milk if you like more milk.   Add the nut butter, banana, and protein powder and stir.   Soooo satisfying! 

8 comments:

  1. I found my solution to not liking overnight oats at first. Fitnessita's "breakfast cookie" http://fitnessista.com/2008/11/something-worth-waking-up-for/

    Basically overnight oats flattened so it hardens more. I've had this every day this week. yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! I'm going to try this - but first I'll need all those "healthier" ingredients lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just out of curiosity - are your chia seeds plain? I think mine are slightly flavored and they just taste "off" in oatmeal. Maybe it's just me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a yummy breakfast! My picky kids might even eat this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Overnight oats are great! Quick and filling for busy mornings. Just have to remember to prepare them the night before! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I eat that combo a lot too and I love it! I haven't prepped them the way you did though, I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been seeing a ton of overnight oats recipes. I gotta start trying them. I love the whole idea and it is definitely faster than making old fashioned oats the normal way. Which I do often because I love them.

    ReplyDelete