Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Carrot Cake Protein Pancakes


Yes you read right!  Carrot cake protein pancakes!   It's for real yo!  In all seriousness these aren't over the top sweet like your basic carrot cake is.   These have a more subtle sweetness that has reminiscent flavors of carrot cake.  If you're looking to switch up your protein pancakes, give these a try! 




Ingredients:
(Adapted from Dashing Dish)

1 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
2 Egg Whites
1/2 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Cinnamon
Pinch of Nutmeg
Pinch of Salt
1 Tbs. Chia Seeds
1 Tbs. Stevia 
1/2 Cup Water
1/2 Cup Shredded Carrots

Directions:

Add all the ingredients except the shredded carrots to a blender.    Blend until combined.   Stir in the shredded carrots.  

Heat up a griddle or frying pan and spray with non-stick cooking spray if needed.   This recipe makes 3 medium sized pancakes.  





4 comments:

  1. yum, I am going to buy Stevia I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! i love this recipe...every Sunday I make pancakes so at some point I am going to have to throw this recipe into the rotation :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fantastic! I feel like I would have to add raisins though - they basically make the carrot cake for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahoo, I'm fixing to make pancakes right now! Love the nutrition you put in yours!

    ReplyDelete