Friday, April 13, 2012

My boob stayed in my shirt.

You read right.   Thankfully my boob stayed in this time at the chiropractor.   I did however have to take my pants off and put on some lovely mens athletic shorts so that Tony could get a good look at my knees.    Thank God I shaved my legs.   Oh and Tony remembered me.   He also remembered seeing me at my job a while back.   It's been 6 years since I've been in his office!  I bet you my boob is a running joke in their household. 

...um back to what this post is about.

The good news about my knee is that I ran 5 miles yesterday and had no pain in my knee.   When it involves my IT band, I sit and wait for it to happen the entire time I'm running.   It didn't.   I am so thankful for that and will continue to foam roll the heck out of it.  

Tony did many things to me legs to see where my muscles and ligaments were at.   He did confirm that it is my IT band on my left left giving me some issues.   He did some tests to make sure everything else was functioning well and it seems that my legs are doing alright there.    A couple of things he noted is that one leg/hip is more flexible than the other.   Here's what he did since I have no idea the real medical term for this.  

He had me lay on my stomach.  
He bent my knee so my foot was up in the air.  
Turned my leg outward and pushed out until there was resistance.  

My right leg could move to 55 degrees.

My left leg could move to 42 degrees.

He also checked my lower back by pushing down on it a bunch.    I forget what that told him but once again my left side was tighter than my right side.  

The end result verdict was that he was going to adjust my back, electro shock my IT band and have me see a lady in the office to work out stretches that will help me out.  

The IT band shocking was interesting.   Katelyn was with me and she asked me if it felt good.   No, it didn't.   It felt like my leg was being shocked constantly for twelve minutes.   It wasn't painful exactly but it wasn't comfortable either.   Almost felt like they were pulling a bunch of little hairs on your legs with very strong tape.  

I know this post was boring with no pictures.   I could have taken pictures of my leg being shocked but Katelyn was bored and using my phone to entertain herself.   I let it be.    I guess I'll leave you with this.






3 comments:

  1. came to visit from facebook! awkward chiropractic visits are always a fun part of running, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Chiro and PT appointments are always awkward and weird.
    I hate it.
    Glad to hear you had a good run and they are helping you get back in the game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, that autocorrect made me laugh out loud. Sending healing vibe for that pesky IT Band...

    ReplyDelete