Monday, May 14, 2012

The Good and the Bad of Mothers Day

The Good


I got up nice and early.   I was able to enjoy a cup of coffee before Mike took the girls to the park.   I knew exactly what I was going to do with my free time.    I decided to take a chance of encountering a loose bear in the area and run my favorite trail.   I headed out and took it easy.   I had time and I didn't need to rush. 

Awesome Photography Skills


I came home and the girls had me close my eyes before stepping into the house.   They had surprised me with flowers that I can plant and watch grow through the years.   They did this last year and I now have two beautiful perennials to enjoy and watch grow, just like I can with my girls.




The Bad

I ate too much.   I started off the day right with a banana before my run (which I need to stop doing, it just doesn't agree with me) but then we went to Mike's parents and I had chips and dip.   Then we went to my parents and I ate about a quarter of a cookie cake,  ham, bread, a couple different salads, chips, a beer, and the list goes on.   This puts me in detox mode for the day. 

Frozen Banana, Frozen Strawberries, A little Spinach,  Vanilla Protein Powder, Chia Seeds and Almond Milk.



5 comments:

  1. Yes to the run and eating too much. Ugh. I hope you had a good Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are beautiful.
    I'm was in the hurt locker for eating to much all weekend!
    This week is junk food detox. :-)
    Glad you had a great Mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. im so glad you enjoyed a nice run and the flowers are beautiful! i totally know what you mean about eating too much. when i was home a few weeks ago it was like anything goes attitude with food...i think im still in detox mode:) hope you had a great Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too over indulged on Mothers Day, but it was so worth it! ; )
    www.poolovesboo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect Mother's Day! I tried to pretend being a cat mom was the same thing on Sunday, but it didn't work!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete