Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies


I love these cookies.   I know some people aren't a fan of an oatmeal cookie but to me they make the cookie better.   I like the chewiness of the oatmeal.   It gives a cookie more depth and texture.   Sadly, these didn't last long in my house.   Mostly because I gave them most of them away so the temptation wasn't there.  Since I took a week off of running, I can't afford to have anymore of these considering I haven't taken a week off of sweets.   My hunger is still there, working out or not.  





Ingredients: 

3/4 Cups of Salted Butter (1.5 sticks)
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup of Old Fashioned Oats
1 1/2 Cups of Chocolate Chips/Chunks
3/4 Cup Chopped Macadamia Nuts

Directions:

Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees

In a bowl, cream together your butter, sugar, and brown sugar.  Blend until light and creamy.

Sorry for the blurry picture.

Mix in the egg and vanilla and blend.   Next, mix in the baking soda and flour, just until combined.   Scrape down the sides of your bowl as needed.  

By hand, stir in the oats, macadamia nuts, and chocolate chips. 


Once combined, scoop onto a baking sheet and cook for 10-12 minutes, until edges are light brown.






3 comments:

  1. They look beautiful! Like I could just reach out and take one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so yummy. I Love macadamia nuts. I could probably eat the whole batch myself. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete