Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Three Bean Salad


Here's a quick little recipe that I made today that I wanted to share.   I didn't take any of the standard pictures I normally take because I was being lazy it's just that easy.  It takes a few simple ingredients that most people have on hand and makes a great side dish, main dish or something to add on top of some leafy greens, like I did for lunch today.  

Ingredients:

1 Can of White beans (any kind you like will do)
1 Can of Black Beans
1 Can of Garbanzo Beans
1/2 Onion
1 Red Pepper
1 Pint Grape or Cherry Tomatoes
1 Tbs. Basil
1 tsp. Ground Mustard
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3/4 Cup White Wine Vinegar

Directions:

In a strainer, combine your canned beans.   Rinse and place into a bowl.   Dice the onion and red pepper and add to the beans.   Cut the tomatoes in half length wise and add to the bowl. 

In a small sauce pan, combine the oil, sugar, vinegar, ground mustard, and basil.   Stir to combine.   Heat over medium heat until all the sugar is dissolved.  

Once the sugar is dissolved, pour over the bean mixture and stir to coat.   Refrigerate for at least 3 hour before serving.  

The longer you let it sit, the more liquid the beans will absorb and the more flavor the bean salad will have.  



4 comments:

  1. I make a similar salad with a can of Rotel instead of chopping up the tomatoes. Yum, and i like your idea of the vinagrette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so easy and incredibly yummy! Pinning so I WILL make it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bean salads for summer! It is one of my favourite things and so fun that you can change it up every time! Yours look so simple and delicious :)

    ReplyDelete