I never did update on my long run on Sunday. I did get 10 miles done and I also did so without an allergic reaction. Yay for me! I actually had a first as well. Lish came along with me for the 10 miles. I'm so glad she did and I look forward to more runs with her in the future.
Today I had a quick "easy" three on the calendar. Problem with that is that it didn't come easily. I don't think half a bottle of Kombucha, a Diet Dr. Pepper and one glass of tea yesterday is adequate hydration. I might have possibly seen my life flash before my eyes during those so called easy three miles this morning. It was not fun.
I was also in the sun all day yesterday at Bay Beach. If you don't know what Bay Beach is, it's basically every child's dream. Endless rides for .25-.50 cents each. This also makes it most parents dreams because you can go with $10.00 and it will last you all day long. I did have bad timing though and yesterday was "Kids Day" and all the rides were free for kids so it was insanely busy. I don't mind spending $10.00 if it means we can actually hit up every ride without having to wait an hour. #fail
Today I was also tagged in the Beautiful Blogger award aka "Seven things" post. Ginger Foxx tagged me. If you do not read her blog, you must. She's hilarious and real and I hope that some day we can do the same race so we can meet. She's only a few hours from me! (Fox Cities is looking to be a big blogger meet up...hint hint).
1. Bees make me flip the @$#@ out. I hate bees and I run away from them. If one gets it the house, I run around crazy with 409 (or anything else I can find that sprays) spraying at it like crazy. Healthy, I know.
2. When I was a child, I used to wonder if the world was made just for me. I had a hard time realizing all these people have all these lives that aren't surrounded by me and I sort of thought my life was a bit like The Truman Show.
3. I was enrolled at University of Wisconsin -Whitewater for Elementary Education right out of high school. I went to one class and as soon as I finished that class, I went to enrollment services and dropped out of school. My head wasn't in it. Instead I got married and moved to Oklahoma.
4. I am a minimalist and when I am stressed out about something, my favorite thing to do is grab a black trash bag and go around the house throwing stuff away. My kids fear the black trash bag because they know their toys are in jeopardy.
5. I chase down people that really make me mad. Example: Today while I was riding my bike with my daughters, a car came speeding down our street going about 50MPH in a 25 just because they suck. It took everything in me to not chase them down but I was with my girls and didn't want to put them in danger. I'm pretty positive it's the same kid that got ARRESTED right in front of me while I was on my run last week.
6. I am very shy at first when you meet me. I am worried that as soon as I open my mouth, you will think I'm an idiot so it takes me a while to come out of my shell.
7. I'm a mama hawk. I constantly am in my kids business. I am overly protective. I don't trust many of the kids in this neighborhood. I expect a lot out of my girls. They are young though so mistakes happen.