Sunday, July 8, 2012

Recovering and Getting Back on Track

For the past week we have been in non-stop party mode.   We had party after party to either attend or throw and because of it, my food intake has been pathetic.    Smoked meat, pizza, subs, brats, burgers, hot dogs, pulled pork, chips, dip, sangria, beer just to name a few of the things I've had to eat this week.   Last night was the last party and finally today I am getting myself back on track.  

I started the morning with raiding my fridge for all the veggies I could find to put into my eggs.   Thankfully I had hit up the farmers market the day before so I had a good supply. 

Tomato, Zucchini, Onion, Spinach.  

Asparagus and Green Pepper

Eggs

Here is a fun fact:   Did you know that organic eggs actually have more nutritional value than non-organic eggs?   Mike always thought I was crazy to spend the extra money on organic eggs until we were watching "How it's Made" the other day and it was all about all the different kinds of eggs.   Cage-Free, Caged, Free Range, Organic, Large, Small, Etc.   In one sentence they said something along the lines that all eggs are pretty much created equally when it comes to nutritional value.   Mike was like "Ha!  I told you!"  and then the very next sentence was "The only egg that does contain more nutritional value are Organic Eggs." 

Boom.  



It may not be the prettiest thing but it is soooo delicious.   I used the whole egg this time because to be honest, I'm not scared of the yolk and the calories and fat involved with it.   Sometimes, if I have egg whites on hand I will just use that but I didn't have them this time. 

Here's to drinking a lot more water and eating tons of veggies and protein today. 


3 comments:

  1. argh, I hear you.....not that I've ever been a great eater, but lately I've been focused on getting back on track :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have been loving eggs and veggies lately to help me eat a more balanced meal! and so interesting about the organic vs non-organic. i may switch. i have always wondered the difference between all the kinds you can buy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying to only buy Organic products, especially eggs, fruits and veggies. The taste is definitely noticeable!

    ReplyDelete