Monday, August 20, 2012

The truth about thighs...

If you're a woman, I imagine at one time or another you noticed that there is some fat on your thigh that no matter what you do,  doesn't quite go away.   I know there are some athletic women out there that have such amazing bodies that they don't have it but I'd feel safe in saying 98% of women do have it. 

I'm not here to tell you how to get rid of it.  

I'm here to tell you how to hide it. 

If you blog, this is essential information that you NEED to know.

It's all about the angle.   I'm sure you can think of other bloggers out there that always have their body a certain way in picture or always take pictures from a certain angle.   It doesn't take long to recognize what they are trying to do.  

Bloggers...you're not fooling anyone...honestly.  

Yesterday I took a picture of myself to show everyone my amazing fashion skills.   Here she is:


LOOK AT THOSE THIGHS.  They aren't perfect.   They aren't huge by any means but they aren't very flattering either. 

Here's a close up so you really get the point.



Everyone likes a close up.  It makes them feel better about themselves.  

Now listen up.   All you need to do to make your thighs look thinner is every so gently stick your butt out.   Bend a little bit at the waist.  


Boom. 

Notice the space between the thighs.   Instantly slimming.  

From this point forward I will only take pictures of myself with my ass sticking out in the back where no one can see it.  

Lets be serious here though.   We are women (sorry men).   Be real with yourself.   Why do so many people only post the flattering pictures of themselves?  Post all the pictures!  Don't pose yourself at your best angle.    Show yourself at all angles with a real body.    I think people are going to love the curves a lot more than they would a picture of you with a "perfect inner thigh".   It shows that even with hard work, most bodies still will not have the six pack.   They will still have love handles.   They may not be able to get to what others are able to achieve.    It doesn't mean you should be any less proud of what you do.  

Perfection is boring.  




17 comments:

  1. This is the single most useful thing i have learned all YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect to see this implemented in future blog posts. Even during marathons...

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, Sarah! I am cracking up! However, if I'm going to hide all this, I'm going to need to just bend all the way over and walk bent at the hips permanently! LOL!

    And nobody, and I mean nobody, is perfect. Except Megan Fox. But she's emotionally strange, so it totally evens out. ;) NOT perfect. Ha!

    Sarah
    www.thinfluenced.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it has to even out somewhere....beautiful women, with perfect bodies are coocoo! ;)

      Delete
  3. You got that right Perfection is boring. Great post

    ReplyDelete
  4. BOOM. Love this post. I actually literally thought something similar on Saturday. I went to take a picture of myself to post from after my run and hated it. chipmunk cheeks. tired eyes. the whole bit. then i thought. i mean dang julia. you just ran further than you ever have in your life and thats the best you can be upset about. chipmunk cheeks!? i figure the purpose was to post a picture of me and my genuine emotion post-run so I did not allow myself to retake. even if it still does bug me. haha;) love this post. perfection IS boring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I post almost all unflattering pictures....I like to leave people with fear if they ever get the chance to meet me in person. Haha! I'd rather they be surprised by how normal I look in person rather than surprised by how not like my pictures I am, in a bad way.

      Delete
  5. This is hilarious, both the pose and the fact that you think the first picture is unflattering. Seriously? I know we are all our own worst judge but I would kill to have thighs that look like that. I do see how the pose hleps though. I'm a minority among runners in that, there is no amount of ass sticking out that will make my thighs not touch, the only way is standing with my feet like 4 feet apart or maybe a year without chocolate, but I won't be attempting that one to see if it works. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also refuse to give up beer. I love beer and I know beer and running don't mix, but I will never have perfect thighs or a six pack thanks to beer. It's all good though :)

      Delete
  6. Ha ha oh you make me laugh. I post so many hideous pictures of my self... it really astounds my mother. "Why would you put that on the internet?" Cuz, just like JLO, I'm Realllll. Ps: my thighs haunt my dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom is the same exact way...she freaks out by things I post. BUT this is me! Love me or hate me I'm still an obsession, love me or hate me that is the question, if you love me than THANK YOU! If you hate me than.......

      You know the rest ;)

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the tip, Sarah! This was a great post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!! too funny. BTW. when will I see your beautiful face?? any time soon? How's the new job?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, that is the ultimate secret! I have another tip - never show pictures of yourself below the waist. So far, I think 98% percent of my photos are waist-up shots. No thighs necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too funny - amazing how all the angle tricks can improve this or that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! I'm always more impressed by people who keep it real than those who don't. Seems like a no brainer. When I see people trying to be perfect on their blog it makes me not want to read them. It's the real stuff that brings people back and continuing to read.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I busted out laughing at this: "From this point forward I will only take pictures of myself with my ass sticking out in the back where no one can see it." I did post a horrible picture of myself yesterday and I have no shame about it. It's the real version of me, after a 10 mile run - there's nothing sexy about it. LOL I like your demonstration, excellent points you make!

    ReplyDelete