Monday, October 29, 2012

After Marathon Blues

I actually don't think I have the blues.  I think I just have a severe case of being lazy.   For the past couple of months I simply felt like I was always trying to squeeze in a run and now I feel like I finally have a break.   The only problem with this is that I actually feel guilty.   I have done a few runs but nothing that important  and definitely not considered a long run.  

This morning I even pulled out my old Jillian Michaels DVD and managed a work out at the early hour of 5:30.   Tonight I plan on jumping on the treadmill and then if I have the energy, I would love to get up in the morning for another date with Jillian.   I am also working on getting a sitter for tomorrow so I can attend the monthly Pub Run that is put on here.   They had me at "Free Beer." 

Speaking of beer, I have a half marathon this weekend.   Once again, I am going into this with no expectations.   2 weeks out from my marathon with little running in between so I'm looking to have fun with my ladies, meet some new people that I feel like I already know and enjoy more free beer.   It's said to be hilly so might as well have fun with it! 

One of the main reasons I haven't been running as much is because my life is crazy right now.   I am working my two jobs.   Mike is working full time and taking 7 credits.   The girls are insanely busy and have something nearly every night and then just this past week I was talked into starting up a Brownie Girl Scout Troop for the girls school with one other mom.  I think it will be fun, and a great way to spend some time with my girls doing fun things but never did I think I would take that challenge on. 

This was a really boring post.   And I have nothing good to share other than I was able to dress up for work this past weekend.    We decided for Halloween we would dress as different decades.  

Not the clearest photo but we had 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's
Cheesy?

If anyone can find me my motivation, I'd love to have it back.   It has been missing for a while!  I'm hoping that starting the week off right will help to make the rest of the week right. 

4 comments:

  1. Awww it happens I go through periods where I have NO motivation as well. Sometimes reading blogs can depress/irritate me because people are like "omg I love running, I can't even force myself to take one itty bitty rest day, tee hee!". Ok maybe not but when I can't drag myself out for a few miles, that's how I read it. Just take a little break, it will come back! It's so hard when your life is jam packed like that. That's awesome about the girl scout troop! I loved mine as a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i definitely agree that sometimes i just go through periods where I feel less motivated and wonder what ever happened to those times where I couldn't get enough running. then those times come back and i laugh at myself for ever feeling unmotivated. its a vicious cycle;) haha! love the costume ideas! jealous of the race this weekend! hope you all have a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your race this weekend! I echo what Alyssa and Julia said. Take a break and come back to it. I think your costume was a very good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes the body and mind really needs a break, and that's ok! Don't be too hard on yourself, although I know how hard it really is not to be. Cute costume!

    ReplyDelete