Sunday, October 7, 2012

Weather Stalking

With my first Marathon officially less than 1 week away, the weather stalking has started.   I'm sure it's going to kill me.   So far it looks like decent weather but there are some things that do worry me. 

The race is on Saturday so as you can see, the weather is pretttttty good.   However, rain is hovering too close for my comfort.  I do not want to do 26.2 in rain, especially when the low temps for that day are in the 30's.   Brr.    The wind is also 9mph.   A little more windy that I like.     

Be ready to be annoyed with constant weather updates and rambling for the week.   Today is my last "long" run.   I have to get 8 in and really am looking forward to it because this entire week I had to run on the treadmill.   I'm ready to breath in cool air.

I am so excited to read the race recaps from this weekend.   Several bloggers have big races today!!!

5 comments:

  1. Bring on the weather updates! I think we can all appreciate a little weather obsession before a marathon. And I'm so excited to hear about your first marathon. That mix of "I want to die" and "I love life" at the end is hard to find anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been weather stalking too! I think the wind will be at our backs so I would be OK with that; and hopefully the fact of being covered in the trail will break it up. Keep willing the rain away!!

    Enjoy the 8 miles, I thoroughly enjoyed my run yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was the same way for my first marathon, which was today....everything turned out ok for me, I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm like that with every race! Although it's not always accurate (found that out yesterday!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a ridiculous weather stalker! It's amazing I can get any work done during a race! But you still have time, it could change....although I'm way behind on blogs, so maybe it has!

    ReplyDelete