Thursday, November 29, 2012

Three Things Thursday

1.  Last week I ran a turkey trot but decided not to write a race review/recap of it because everyone and their mother ran a turkey trot last week and nothing special happened for me.   I ran 5 miles, felt a bit fatigued with my lack of running lately, and felt the closest to vomiting after a race that I ever have.   I actually gagged.  I wasn't even pushing myself very hard.   What gives??


2.  I have a 5k this weekend....well,it was supposed to be a 5k but then they decided to change it to 3.2 miles because it's some anniversary for them.   I don't even know what to do with that.   Usually by the end of 3.1 miles, I feel like I'm on the edge of dying so there is a great chance I might just die in between that 3.1 and 3.2 mark.   I also haven't done a 5k in a whole year.   I don't think at this point I have improved at all.    That's pretty depressing! 

3.  I haven't been running but I have been working on strength.  I lack strength so incredibly that I have to  focus on that for a while.   I realize that without strength, my running is going to suffer and right now with Mike taking 7 credits at school, the girls activities, me working two jobs, and sleeping I just don't have time to go for a 2 hour run.   I have been getting up at 5:30am just so I have a chance to do a 20 minute Jillian Michaels DVD.  

Speaking of strength.   I worked out with Kim and Alicia this week at Kim's house.   She put together a strength circuit for us to do and she said that we would be hurting the next day.   She wasn't lying.   I was in so much pain 24 hours later that I had to text her about how she did a good job.   The best part about doing strength with Kim?  We do it in her basement and once we are done, we move 3 feet to the left and there is a fully stocked fridge of micro brews.   I was in heaven with the amazing beer selection.   

4.   Yep, there is a 4th so I basically lied when I said three things Thursday.   I realize I still haven't shown you a picture of my kitchen after the work we have done.   This is because life is so busy for us that Mike hasn't been able to put the finishing touches on it...aka the trim.  I don't want to show it until that is done because it just looks weird without it but here is a sneak peak. 


He is closing in on the end of his semester and in classic Mike style, he always has 6 weeks of work to do in last 2-3 weeks.   I see lots of lonely nights in my future. 

4 comments:

  1. oooh, your backsplash is beautiful! I am dying to put a backsplash in my kitchen, but Kevin and I are not the best DIY-ers.

    I am jealous you got to go to Kim's and work out and drink her beer. Better not have drank any of mine!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love random boot camps put together by friends those are the best! 5Ks seriously scare me. I'm surprised you don't already have 9 comments saying "pregnant?" since you are a married woman posting that you felt sick, OMG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you seriously get a pie at the end of your turkey trot?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you do not think receiving a pie for a turkey trot is relevant and noteworthy, than be ready for my lecture on the importance of pies....

    :)

    ReplyDelete