Monday, December 31, 2012

2012....what a great year!

I can't believe it has been a whole year already.   The years keep going by faster and faster and I am loving where they are going.   I have grown a love for fitness over the past year plus.   It's hard to believe that I considered myself a newbie runner at this time last year, yet I still have so much to learn and improve on. 

This year I did many races. 

Point Bock Beer Run
Oshkosh Half
Bellin 10k
Fox Cities Half
Whistlestop Full
Tyranena Half
Turkey Trot 5 Mile
Race to the Light 3.25 miler

One of my favorite parts of this year is all the amazing people that I have met through blogging.   Kim once said to me that she thought the best part of blogging was meeting all of the other amazing bloggers and at that time, I had only met a couple.   Now that I've met so many of you, I couldn't agree more.   You are what makes me keep going.   You encourage me.   You are all so wonderful.   So truly wonderful.  



I don't have a picture of everyone but I promise to do better with pictures in 2013.

I ran my first half marathon and full marathon.   My half marathon I had a great time and felt strong the entire time, minus some pretty bad ITB pain.   My marathon was another story.   It did not go well and is still a sore spot in my heart after all the training.   I will have marathon redemption in 2013. 

I started yoga and taking classes at the YMCA.   I also have started lifting weights in hope to gain more core strength.

I drank too many beers to remember.   Running makes me thirsty and nothing tastes as good after a long run than a beer.  

I had two cases of an allergic reaction to running...and I still keep running.   Running may very well kill me like my mom has been telling me from the start. 

On a family note:

My babies are both in school all day this year.   That is still hard to swallow.



I started my first day job since 2004, before I had Katelyn.   I am enjoying it and seeing the possibilities of staying and growing with a company for many years to come. 



Mike and I had our 10 year anniversary.   That's a long ass time to be with the same person.   We need a vacation.   I would prefer somewhere warm.




My total miles ran this year is approximately 850 miles.   Way short of my 1000 mile goal for the year but I'm okay with that.   I had some unexpected things come up this year and life happens so I ran when I could.   It's a heck of a lot more miles than the 350 I did the year prior.  

Here's to another year of meeting new people, making dreams happen and enjoying every moment that life throws at us.  

4 comments:

  1. your hair is so long and pretty!! and cracking up at your "long ass time to be with one person", so true and we're only at 4.5! happy new year~

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Running may very well kill me like my mom has been telling me from the start." Non-runners are so funny. :) Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow 10 years! That is quite a long time! We are at 7 now. I can't wait for your full marathon redemption!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had quite the year in 2012! Any plans for which race will be your redemption race?

    ReplyDelete