Sunday, March 31, 2013

Weekend Happenings

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Easter, if you celebrate it.    Mine was great and of course I over ate.   Tomorrow is Monday though so it's back to work and back to normal life.   

The weekend was a good one.   It started off Saturday morning with a long run with Lish.   We had both been watching the forecast and up until that day, they were saying upper 40's lower 50's, sunny and wonderful.   I woke up, ready to get my run on and then I checked the weather.   It was something like 32 degrees out.   Even Katelyn yelled out "Come on!  They said it was going to be 50!"  All I could reply back was "I feel your pain child!"   I sadly put on running pants, long sleeve shirt, jacket, bondi band to cover my ears and gloves.   I was not happy and no longer feeling this run. 

 I managed to eat all of this before hand.

Oatmeal, Coconut Milk, Almond Butter, Chia Seeds, Cinnamon


When I got to the park to meet Lish, I instantly had a bad attitude and said I wasn't feeling this run at all.   Thankfully she wasn't all too thrilled about it either but eventually we got on our way into the insane wind over the trestle bridge.   I can tell we are both better runners this year because we are able to keep a steady pace, talk and not stop for walking breaks anymore.   Today was different though.   Since neither of us was all too thrilled, we stopped at 5 miles to fuel and just take a break.    Then we were off again.   At 8 miles my IT band issues hit.   It's like clock work.   From there on, I ran when I could and walked when I had to.   Lish went ahead of me to keep going since she had more miles on her schedule than me for the day but planned to turn around at 10 miles and meet back up with me.   Once she made her way back to me, we headed back to the park.   That's when I noticed something nice and gross on Lish's shirt.   I asked her what was on her and it ended up being bird shit. 

She had already wiped it off at this point but you can see the residue


We finished the run and I had 12.5 miles on my Garmin.   This pissed me off.   I had planned to do 13.1 and I had it in my head that I was going to be doing a half marathon that day so I sort of shyly asked Lish if she would head back out on the Trestle with me again and do the last bit with me.   I know how it is when you think you're done and she completely thought she was done.   Good running buddies say yes though and back out we went to finish it out.   Thanks Lish!

One other thing.   Up until this spring, I never ran with sunglasses.   Not one single time.   What the hell was I thinking, or not thinking?   Even if it's cloudy out, these things bring so much protection from wind, rain, and snow.  



Once the run was done, all I could do was think of eating an egg.   I am truly obsessed with this combination.  

Slice of wheat toast, mixed greens and a soft cooked egg.   It's so good!

Something sad happened this weekend though.

My 26.2 magnet is gone.   I already ordered a sticker off of Amazon to ensure this doesn't happen again. 


I hope everyone has had a happy Easter (if you celebrate) and a wonderful weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Aw man, that IS sad (the magnet). I'm a sticker girl, so haven't experienced that loss. Hope it's replaced soon!!

    Congrats on getting the mileage in, regardless of the bad space you were in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some dick snagged your magnet? PS: I want to put my face in that oatmeal. Oh nom nom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tell it Falon! This made my morning, of course it is early still.

      Delete
  3. Great job getting your run in even when you weren't feeling it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job getting in the last little bit of your run and not getting hit by a bird. Too bad Lish can't say the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to power through that run! I hate when you are not feeling it....and then start....and you are still not feeling it....some days I can shake it but sometimes not!

    Eggs are the best. Especially soft cooked.

    My 50 mile magnet got stolen. I'm still pissed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still don't know how I got shat on and not even see it happen. There is a first for everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Magnet stealers stink! Someone else told me that they had a problem with a car magnet thief. What the freak, people?!

    But great job getting in your mileage when you weren't feeling it. I usually call those rest days, but you made it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on your run! Sorry about someone stealing your magnet. That makes me glad I have stickers instead of magnets. Surely no one is desperate enough to steal a sticker.

    ReplyDelete