Wednesday, March 27, 2013

WIAW Fail #2

I failed you again.   I was going to do WIAW yesterday but then I forgot and only managed these two pictures. 

Protein pancake.  Looks burnt but it wasn't.

Post Run Recovery Drink of Champions

So there you have it.   You see the little wrappers next to the beer glass?  I ate those chocolates too. 

Yesterday was Fleet Feet's Easter Egg Hunt Pub Run.   It was a lot of fun and for once the weather was amazing.   It was about 40 degrees and no wind so it was easy to take it easy and not be freezing cold.    That's exactly what we did.    Once we were back in the bar, Lish and I turned into camera whores. 



I'm not really sure what is up with my face in this picture.  All I can come up with is "I just got back from running" but really I don't think that is going to make anyone have a facial expression like that.   Lish and I were even unintentionally matchy matchy with our purple Under Armour shirts.

A little bit later we had to use the rest room and found this glorious mirror.   It made you look good so of course we had to document that.



I could actually pass for having a butt in the last picture.   Maybe it's the weighted squats I have been doing.  Haha no, just kidding. 

Anyway the pub run was a lot of fun and Greene's Pour House did another wonderful job as the host site.   We even won freebies from the Easter Egg Hunt part of the race and I managed to get myself a free drink, a free sweat towel, free candy and a free collapsible water bottle. 

One other quick thing to note.   I can finally feel myself getting better at running.   The past couple of weeks have been filled with amazing runs and I'm not sure if it's because I'm finally getting my Iron levels up (don't know if I for sure am) or that I'm just getting used to this training thing again but it feels great.    Last fall I felt depleted all the time so this is a nice welcome to the beginning of the racing season. 

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your freebies! Glad you've had so many good runs lately. Hopefully it will stay that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy your runs are enjoyable again! I seriously need help with my crazy after run hair though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need that mirror in my house. Where are your legs???

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds super fun and that's awesome that you are getting faster! I can assist you in the ways of creating a whooty.....

    ReplyDelete