Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Twas The Day Before Christmas...

And all through the house, my children were coughing, crying and miserable.

So it looks like our Christmas is going to be working on getting these girls back up and functioning.   Yesterday we took Makenzie in after having a fever for two days and she tested positive for Strep.   At the appointment, Katelyn was complaining of a headache so I asked if we should swab her since we were already there but the doctor said it would be best to wait 24 hours because it may give a negative if it is too soon.  Well, at 5:30 this morning, Katelyn came into my room crying saying her head hurt and her throat her so bad she could barely swallow.  


Makenzie also really hurt her thumb, as seen by her holding it up and not wanting to use it.   It got pinched between two doors and the entire thumb is bruised.   She will for sure lose her nail and I promised her last night before bed that I would paint her nails today so it didn't look so black.

So it has been a rough couple of days here but we are on the mend, I hope.   We have antibiotics in the house, lots of Ibuprofen (cause Tylenol sucks at its job) and I will run to get movies later this morning.

Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Aww man! I hope they both feel better soon! And ouch about the pinch! :(

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete