Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Ugly Sweater Run

What better way to get people to get out and run then to plan an ugly sweater run.   Fleet Feet did just that for our Tuesday night run.   More people came out but that may just be because the weather wasn't the -15 degree windchill like it had been the past month.   At the start of the run we were at a nearly tropical temperature of 25 degrees.  This winter is so far the worst as far as weather goes.  Cold and we keep getting a little snow.   Just enough to make the roads hard to run on (and drive on) and then it's too cold for it to ever melt and go away so the roads just stay that way.  This just makes for fast spring paces, right?  Please tell me yes.  These slow paces are killing me.


And just in case you can't see the beauty of my sweat shirt:


It hit up the thrift store this weekend and found this art piece at a steal of a price.  Best $3.00 spent ever!



The run went well enough.  I noticed my legs were dead immediately after a leg heavy boot camp the night before.  We did the typical 5 miles that we do and I was slipping and sliding all over the place.   After though, my hands totally freaked out and ended up having circulation problems.




My middle finger was totally numb and blood would not go to it.   It was this way for about 30 minutes after but then as soon as I ate a french fry, it was back to normal.   Explain that.  

I am totally excited for a rest day today.  My hamstrings have been tight for some time and my butt muscle is bothering me on my right side.   I might walk the track at the Y during Kenzie's gymnastics but that will be the extent of my activeness today.

I hope everyone has a great day and is more active then me!

4 comments:

  1. It's not even fair that you make that shirt look cute! Dang it, Sarah!
    You all look so festive. :)

    I think your finger experienced a french fry Christmas miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is super fun. I have so many ugly sweaters, I need to do this! That happens to me all the time, especially my middle finger. I haven't tried the fry idea yet, but I now plan to hit the drive through on the way home from all winter runs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, thanks for the french fry tip! LOL, seriously though, happy your hands are back to normal.

    My bestie was in town from Dallas last weekend and ran in the snow with me... I was telling her it makes for a faster spring. I promise! :)

    ReplyDelete